Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Testing: Alton Brown's Overnight Cinnamon Rolls

After searching the blog archives I realized it's been nearly a year since we started our perfect cinnamon roll recipe search! We kinda got cinnamon roll overdosed for awhile but I didn't mean for the break to be THIS long! This also means that I haven't made cinnamon rolls for over 10 months - at least! Anyway - some kids and moms were coming over for a playdate yesterday morning so it seemed like the perfect time to try an overnight recipe.

I decided to give Alton Brown's recipe a whirl - we love his recipes!  This was good, good flavor, not too complex but the bread turned out slightly dry (a problem with a lot of the recipes we've tried).  Just not quite the ideal recipe.
I substituted a maple glaze because I really don't care for cream cheese frosting.  And I think I'll try the cinnamon roll recipe that it came with next.  Here's the recipe from Pink of Perfection. I'm hoping it will be the perfect soft bread with just the right amount of sweetness and gooeyness - keep you posted!
*(So my friend, Laura, tried the Pink of Perfection rolls out and told me they were fabulous!! Now I'm dying to try them!)*
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment