This is especially for you Sandy and Jess!
Thick and Chewy Triple-Chocolate Cookies
(recipe from Cooks Illustrated)
2c. all purpose flour
1/2c. Dutch processed cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt (less if you use salted butter)
16 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped (I typically just use chips)
4 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. instant coffee powder (I've thrown in 1 tsp. of real ground coffee)
10 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
1. Sift flour, cocoa, bp, and salt; set aside.
2. Melt chocolate in microwave or in pan over simmering water; set aside.
3. Beat eggs, vanilla and coffee powder; set aside.
4. Beat butter till creamy, add sugars. Add egg mixture. Add chocolate until combined. Add dry ingredients till just combined. Add chocolate chips.
5. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let sit till fudge like ~ 30 min.
6. Heat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper (cookies are very sticky so parchment paper is good here). Scoop dough with 1 3/4 in ice cream scoop.
7. Bake till edges have just begun to set but center is still soft (rotate pan halfway - I don't bother since I use convection). ~10-12 min. Cool cookies on sheet 10 min.