Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer's starting

..and still no pictures of the kiddos!  I need to get the camera charged and out! These pics were from a wedding this past weekend and we got all the peonies from the cutting garden - there's still some blooming by the way if you haven't gotten any!

 We celebrated Father's Day with Mom and Dad C at our place.  (Dad took some pics and I'll steal some later, they're just a tad busy packing up their house!)  Ida had a 103 fever all weekend so we kept it low key.  Mike grilled.
Steak with blue cheese mushroom sauce for Mike and chocolate bread pudding with bourbon ice cream for Dad.  It was a hit - and the ice cream was really killer!  And I don't even like ice cream that much.
Mike asked me what bourbon I used, I didn't realize we had more than one.  And I naturally missed the plastic bottle and went right for Mike's birthday bourbon...  but it made good ice cream!
Happy Father's Day Mike, the kiddos and I are so blessed by you!
And Pop and Dad and Opa!
And we launched Asa into swimming lessons.  He started Monday in 50degree weather with rain.  Thankfully, they heat the pool.  He comes home to teach Ida everything they did that day.  He did tell Nana he didn't speak to any of his classmates today, so that's our goal for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment